The United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women adopted the following recommendation: Gender based violence is a form of discrimination which seriously inhibits women’s ability to enjoy rights and freedom on the basis of equality with men. The National Policy for Empowerment of Women (2001), Government of India, had emphasized the elimination of discrimination and all forms of violence against women in both the public and the private sphere. Institutions and mechanisms /schemes for assistance are to be created and strengthened for prevention of such violence including sexual harassment at workplace.
As per the guidelines of Supreme Court, UGC, Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013, an Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell has been constituted in JKK Nattraja college of Pharmacy, Kumarapalayam.
The objectives of the Committee:
1. To prevent sexual harassment by promoting gender amity among staff, students and other employees.
2. To deal with cases of sexual harassment in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized, prevention and termination of the harassment
3. Recommend appropriate redressal and punitive action against the guilty to the Management.
Any victim may complain in writing to the Principal or to ‘Prevention against sexual harassment cell’ which would be kept confidential.
Contact number of the members of the Cell are given below:
1. Mrs. K. KRISHNAVENI (Chairperson)- Contact number: 9965179049
2. Dr. Mrs. P. MEENA PRABHA (Member) -Contact number: 8973750820
2. Mrs. JAMUNA RANI (NGO) – Contact number: 9788732098
3. Mrs. S. BHAMA (Member) – Contact number: 9443836674