The Department of Pharmaceutical analysis was inaugurated in March 2007 with an intake of 10 students per year. Various seminars, International conferences, work shops and paper presentations turned them to shine well in the field of pharmacy. Analysis lab is equipped with modern instruments like HPLC, FT-IR, Microprocessor controlled automatic melting range apparatus, Conductivity meter, Potentiometer, Flame photometer, Double beam spectrophotometer etc.,
Some of the areas chosen for carrying out PG projects:
· Micro analysis of Drug loaded samples by HPLC.
· Determination of structures and purity of natural and synthetic substance by FT-IR spectrophotometer.
· Analysis of fluorescence substances by spectroflourimeter.
· Electrochemical studies like polarography, conductometry, Amperometry, potentiometry
· Analysis of important constituents in food such as proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
· Determinationof additives in food by chromatography
· Analysis and Evaluation of certain official formulation derived from crude drug including some Ayurvedic preparations.
· Qualitative and quantitative determination of cosmetics.
· The department applied for various schemes to tap grants from various funding agencies.
|S. No||Name of the Teaching Staff||Designation||Qualification|
|1||Dr. V. Sekar||Professor||M.Pharm., Ph.D.,|
|2||Dr. I. Carolin Nimila||Associate Professor||M.Pharm., Ph.D.,|
|3||Mr. D. Kamalakkannan||Assistant Professor||M.Pharm.,|
|4||Mrs. P. Devi||Assistant Professor||M.Pharm.,|
|5||Ms. V. Devi||Lecturer||M.Pharm.,|