Vision : To enhance patient’s health-related quality of life by taking leadership in promoting rational use of medicines.
Mission: To promote the knowledge, skill, attitude, abilities and values necessary to the provision of pharmaceutical care for the practice of pharmacy.
The Pharmacy Practice Department strives to provide students with the skills necessary to practice pharmaceutical care upon entering the profession regardless of the practice environment.The goal of pharmaceutical care is to improve an individual patient’s quality of life through achievement of definite, medication-related therapeutic outcomes.
The Department of Pharmacy Practice, a department within the J.K.K.Nattraja college of Pharmacy, started in the year of 2008 providing education to undergraduate (B.Pharmacy) and postgraduate (M.Pharmacy) and Pharm.D., students on the rational use of drugs, enables and advocates advanced clinical pharmacy practice, creates disseminates new knowledge about the effective, safe and economical use of medications in people. Faculty members in the department, the most comprehensive unit of its type in India continue a tradition of exemplary services through the following activities.
The Department has a well established drug information centre with good source of information for all healthcare professionals. The Department of Pharmacy Practice started clinical pharmacy services, drug information centre and adverse drug reaction monitoring at the Erode Government hospital, Erode in the year 2008.
The faculty of the Department has the expertise to take up projects in the areas of Clinical Pharmacokinetics, Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, Population Pharmacokinetics, Drug Utilization Evaluation, Adverse Drug Reaction monitoring, Improving the Quality of life of Patients throughPatient Education and Preparation of Guidelines for the rational use of antibiotics.
The department is fully equipped with drug information center, data center and sectional Library along with seminar hall. The data and drug information center is fully digitalized with latest computers with internet facilities and a treasure trove of a library with online electronic library information system. A seminar hall with a seating capacity of 50 to convene seminars, conferences, workshops, symposia etc was made available.
- Tie up with renowned tertiary care Hospitals for conducting regular interactive classes and Research Projects in the areas of ADR Monitoring, Drug information, Rational Drug use etc…
- Well qualified staff with in-depth knowledge in the field of research.
- Well equipped library with International & National journals subscription- hard copies & online.
- Well equipped data centre with internet facility for each student for literature review & data compilation.
- Equipped with databases of international repute & reliability- Micromedex
- Tie up arrangements with the Government head quarter hospitals at Erode with bed strength more than 600
- Setting up of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring centre.
- Setting up of Poison Information Centre.
- To expand the Pharmacy Practice department services to other tertiary care hospitals in Erode.