The IDMC is the principal academic body of the institute and has the following powers and duties.
- To exercise general supervision over the academic work of the institute and to give directions regarding methods of instructions, evaluation, research or improvements in academic standards.
- To consider matters of academic interest either on its own initiative or at the instance of the Governing Body and to take proper action thereon.
- To make arrangements for the conduct of examinations in conformity with the laws of The TN Dr M.G.R Medical University, Chennai.
- To maintain proper standards of the examinations.
- To promote research within the institute, acquire reports on such research activities from time to time.
- To suggest measures for co-ordination for individual classes.
- To make recommendations to the board of management on:
- Measures for improvement of standards of teaching, training and research.
- Institution of fellowships, travelling fellowships, scholarships, medals, prizes, etc.
- Establishment or abolition of departments/centres and on bye-laws covering the academic functioning of the institute, discipline, admissions, examinations, award of fellowships, studentships, concessions, attendance, etc.
- To make periodic review of the activities of the departments/centres and to take appropriate action (including making of recommendations to the Governing Body) with a view to maintaining and improving the standards of instruction.
- To exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be conferred or imposed upon it by the rules and byelaws.
- To recommend institution of teaching posts of professors, associate professors and assistant professors to the Governing Body of the college.
Dr. R. Sambathkumar – Chairman
Dr. R. Shanmugasundaram – Member, Pharmacology
Dr. M. Vijayabaskaran – Member, Pharm. Chemistry
Dr. S. Bhama – Member, Pharmaceutics
Dr. M. Senthilraja – Member, Pharmacognosy
Dr. V. Sekar – Member, Pharm. Analysis
Dr. N. Venkateswaramurthy – Member, Pharm. Practice