Library is the soul of our educational institution. Keeping in view intensive and extensive use, the library is being constantly enriched by the acquisition of latest books and journals keeping in pace with changing times, to further the advancement of the academic activities.
The Library caters to the information needs of the institute’s faculty, students, staff, research institutions & industries. The collection in the library comprises printed documents such as books; reports, thesis, standards, patents and journal back volumes. The non-book collections include material like CDROM discs.
Almost all major journals and magazines are available here. There are Slide Projector and other allied equipments in the Audio – Visual library. Under the web consortium, the library provides on-line access to a large number of full-text journal databases from various publishers
The library provides various services for its members such as – Lending of books and journal back volumes, reservation of books, inter-library loan, document delivery, photocopying, DTP & offset printing. All the library activities are computerized, including bar-coded ID cards and separate On-line Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) terminals for searching books in the library.
The Library is equipped with modern facilities like Interactive CD-ROM, Videos, Computer-based learning Packages and Internet which help the institute in achieving the target. The library network is connected to the institute intranet so the library members can browse the library from their respective departments.
A comfortable and spacious seating arrangement provides a complete academic atmosphere in each library where students can sit and concentrate. The catalogue of books helps students to identify their needs and quick reference. It is updated regularly as the new books are added. A Display Board has also been provided in the Library where students can view interesting articles and news-clippings directly.
Digital Library Facility
Full access is provided on campus via the institute’s Intranet. Selective access provided through the Internet tour Digital Library. Also provides streaming audio and video Lectures. Digital Library, houses a galaxy of video lectures, e-books, e-journals, content pages of the books, reports and other electronic information resources. All classroom lectures, seminars, invited lectures of the Institute are digitized and made available through the online digital library using advanced multimedia technologies. Users can view the multimedia lectures along with the corresponding Power Point slides during the sequence of the lecture.
1. The library has 3 sections (a) Reference (b) Lending and (c) Reading.
2. Reference books may be referred only within the premises of the library. They cannot be taken by the students from the library at any time.
3. Lending section: All books except those marked “Reference” belong to the lending section.
4. The library will be kept open on all working days from 8.30 am to 8.00 pm. It will remain closed on Sundays and other declared holidays.
5. Every student must possess his / her Library card while making use of the library and produce the same to the library staff on entering the library.
6. Complete silence must be maintained in the library.
7. Students can get the books such as text books, reference books, and reference sources for reading in the reading room against his / her library and If such book is taken without the permission of the librarian then a fine of Rs. 10/- will be charged and no book will be issued to him / her in future.
When books are issued, students should check the pages of the issued books and if the pages are found missing, they should report the same to the librarian before leaving the counter. On returning the book if pages are found missing the last borrower of the book shall be held accountable for the missing pages and shall be fined.
9. Students are required to handle study material very carefully, and should not mark library books with pencil or pen, tear the pages or spoil.
10. The librarian may recall any book from a student at any time.
11. Students should leave their own books and belongings at the entrance before they enter the library.
12. The library books should be re turned on or before the due date stamped on the date slip in the book.
13. In case a reader loses a book he / she should replace the book. In case the book cannot be replaced; the current price of the book and an additional charge will be collected.
14. The college leaving certificate or Transfer Certificate will be issued to student only after he / she has returned all the library books and library card.
15. Students are strictly prohibited to use their cell phones in the library.