In pursuance of the directions issued by the UGC and Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India (MHRD), the JKK Nattraja College of Pharmacy has set up the Women Development Cell (WDC) with the following objective:
- To provide and maintain a dignified, congenial working environment for women employees (including teaching, non-teaching and contractual workers) and students, where they can work, study and explore their potential to the fullest.
- Any employees including faculties (contractual, temporary or permanent) and students of JKK Nattraja College of Pharmacy can approach the Women Development Cell.
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
- To improve the self confidence of Women.
- To guide about Women Welfare Laws.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- To sensitize all members of JKK Nattraja College of Pharmacy community towards the Supreme Court and statutory mandate prohibiting gender discriminations and sexual harassment at the work place and encourage involvement through academic, cultural and outreach activities such as talks, seminars, workshops, community action, drama, street theatre, poster-making etc.
- To conduct dialogue, discussion, and deliberation on women’s rights and gender-related issues. To encourage participation of NGOs and law enforcement agencies in this area.
- To become a resource centre for women and provide a forum for exchange of ideas.
- To review safety and security measures for female employees and students at JKK Nattraja College of Pharmacy campus.
- To enforce disciplinary framework for students and faculties.
|Dr. S. Bhamaemail@example.com|
|Dr. I. Carolin Nimilafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. S. Gomathiemail@example.com|
|Mrs. P. Meenaprabhafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. K. Krishnaveniemail@example.com|
|Mrs. V. Gandhimathifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. R. Haripriya|
|Mrs. R. Praveena|
|Dr. S. Gowri Manohari|
|Mrs. Radha Sankar|
Any victim may complain in writing to the Principal or to ‘Prevention against women development cell’ which would be kept confidential.