The Sports Committee was established to organize and coordinate sports events at J.K.K. Nattraja College of Pharmacy.
To ensure the smooth arrangement and conduct of sports events at the J.K.K Nattraja College of Pharmacy, the following Sports Committee has been formulated:
- R. Sambathkumar, Principal- Convener
- R. Kanagasabai – Secretary
- V. Sekar – Member
- M. Vijayabhaskaran – Member
- V. Kamalakkannan – Member
- Student Representative II B.Pharm – Student Member
- Student Representative III B.Pharm – Student Member
- Student Representative IV B.Pharm – Student Member
- Student Representative II Pharm.D – Student Member
- Student Representative III Pharm.D – Student Member
- Student Representative IV Pharm.D – Student Member
The key objectives of the Sports Committee of J.K.K.Nattraja College of Pharmacy are as follows:
- To provide a platform for students to go beyond their academic quest and explore their talents in sports and games.
- To provide healthy leisure time for students by encouraging them to involve in sports and games conducted at J.K.K.Nattraja College of Pharmacy.
- To add flavour to the college by organizing intra college sports meet annually with major events in sports and games.
- To provide opportunities for all the interested students to participate in sports and games.
- To screen and select students with high spirit in sports and games, and subsequently encourage them to participate in inter college sports competitions.
The following are the Roles and Responsibilities of the Sports Committee:
- Planning and scheduling sports events for the academic year.
- Inviting a specialized Physical Trainer to ensure the rules and regulations during various sports events.
- Maintaining discipline among students in all sports events.
- Sorting out any issues taking place during matches (team selections, objections, quarrels etc).
- Selecting the official college sports team to participate in inter college sports competitions.
- Arranging mementos for guests and prize/certificates for the sports winning participants.
- Documenting the achievements of the college team in intra and inter level sports competitions.
Note: The Convener of the committee conducts a meeting to discuss and assign tasks. The students of J.K.K.Nattraja College of Pharmacy enthusiastically took part in various intra and inter college sports events and successfully won various prizes in recent years.