The main functions of the Research Committee are:
- To formulate policy on all research related matters which impact on the strategic objectives of the College.
- To consider and make recommendations on matters of policy relating to research including matters referred to it by Council and other College committees.
- To review and oversee the implementation on College’s policy on research ethics.
- To monitor, primarily through the feedback mechanism of the Research Forum, the relevance and efficacy of established policy – addressing shortcomings and anomalies so as to facilitate high quality research activities within the College structures.
- To oversee quality assurance and improvement measures in respect of research activity, including the efficacy of research quality measures.
- To advise the Director of Research in his role in reporting internally and externally on research and related matters.
- To review Annual Reports relating to research matters and to make recommendations to Council.
- To approve procedures for allocating research funds and monitor their implementation.
To establish Advisory Committees and Working Groups as required to develop and oversee policy in respect of research matters.
Dr. R. Sambathkumar – Research Director
Dr. R. Shanmugasundaram – Research Coordinator
Dr. N. Venkateswaramurthy – Secretary of Research and Innovation Services
Dr. M. Vijayabaskaran – Member, Pharm. Chemistry
Dr. S. Bhama – Member, Pharmaceutics
Dr. M. Senthilraja – Member, Pharmacognosy
Dr. V. Sekar – Member, Pharm. Analysis